Friday, October 12, 2007

19 days


So my first official interview for residency is in 19 days and that is a crazy thought! I will intentionally stay vague about where I am interviewing and my thoughts on the programs in case someone is so interested in me that they just have to search for my blog to see what I really thought of them. Not likely, but I've invested enough at this point to not risk that.
I had a mock interview yesterday with a cardiothoracic surgeon which went fairly well. Here are a few thoughts:
1. I need better black trouser socks.
2. I'm glad I bought a second suit.
3.. I need to prepare better for politically incorrect questions- I should have seen that one coming with surgeons.
4. I need to learn more about the future of both general surgery and pediatric cardiothoracic surgery. I did fairly well on these questions, but there is definite room for improvement.
5. This process is going to be a blast! While the thought of traveling all over the country for 3 months sounds daunting and exhausting, I will get to meet with some of the superstars of the surgery world both in their offices and homes. I will also get to see many friends and family members that I don't see often enough.

2 comments:

amberWIRE said...

Angie! I love your blog! I can't wait to see you up here in GR on your interview!

Anonymous said...

Let me know where else you are interviewing - or if you need a travel buddy for any West Coast trips. I'm there! :)

Oh and today I had to go to the salon and get my hair dyed to cover up my grey hairs. Looks like your's will be coming in 15 days. Better make you appointment now. ;)