Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crossfit

A few weeks ago Kerwyn and I took a Crossfit exercise class with our friends Paul and Shawn (she's a trainer at Crossfit Carmel). It was insane. We only did half the amount of each exercise as the regular folks but I was sore for days.

Any workout where they have to explain rhabdomyolysis (muscle breakdown due to over-exertion or injury that can damage your kidneys...) to you at the end is perhaps a bit excessive...which is probably why I loved it so much. At one point Kerwyn looked at me and said something to the effect of, "you're really enjoying this aren't you?" with a look of disbelief in his eyes.

While the crossfit gym is too far to attend reguarly we've been incorporating some of their principles into our workouts. As a result I'm sitting on the couch tonight with a heating pad on my hamstrings from a workout over 2 days ago. Good times....

No comments: