Sunday, May 15, 2011

Travel Insanity

This week Kerwyn and I embark on the coolest adventure yet in our married life. We're traveling to Finland, India, Nepal and Italy. How you might ask could we afford all this? It is due to the sheer insanity of the itinerary that we got an unbelievable ticket price. Oh, and we spend less and save to have money to travel with. Your next question would logically be "why?". As a lover for travel I say "why not?". We wanted to take some sort of epic trip before I go back to real work in July and as I mentioned a while ago I really felt like we should go to India together as this is our last chance to do so for a long time. As we started looking for flights to India we found this crazy itinerary and booked the flight at 2am one impulsive morning. Here are the predicted highlights of the trip:
  • enjoying an authentic Finnish sauna experience
  • serving alongside an Indian surgeon in rural India
  • walking the streets of India with my husband (man have I dreamed of this for a long time!)
  • an elephant ride safari in Royal Chitwan National Park in Nepal (on Kerwyn's bday)
  • 22 minute (white-knuckled) flight on Budda Air to Kathmandu
  • boat ride on Ganges River
  • 2 overnight train journeys in northern India (I imagine lots of people grabbing my blonde hair and even more shouting "chai, chai, coffee, coffee, chai")
  • touring the Taj Mahal
  • wandering the streets of Milan
  • gondola ride in Venice
  • gelato, gelato, and more gelato followed by a few good crepes
  • two and a half weeks of uninterrupted time with my husband
God is so good and I am full of gratitude and anticipation for all that we are going to experience together. I promise lots of good pictures and stories when we return!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds awesome!!! Feel free to impulsively stop by Hong Kong at any point. :)

Michelle Wegner said...

Ang, this sounds so fun! I was just telling someone yesterday how glad I was that Rob and I really feel like we had a "life before this life" with all the travel and craziness of youth ministry before we had kids. We are so grateful for all the opportunities we had to travel to exotic places. :)

You guys are so smart to do this now while you can. I love that you are doing it together. Have so much fun!