Friday, June 10, 2011

Trip Recap

We got back last Sunday from our whirlwind world tour. We had a blast and did surprisingly well with all the flights, trains, long car rides, etc.... I feel so blessed to be married to Kerwyn. In nearly 3 weeks of nonstop time together I never got sick of him and we got along splendidly.

The trip was a dream come true for me in a few ways. 1st- I was in India with my husband. He adjusted well to the unique oddities of India better than most and is open to returning in whatever capacity God leads us. After my first trip to India I said I was never returning there and kissed the ground at the Bangkok airport (1st ground I touched after leaving India) so I'd say he adjusted much better than I did. I'd like to think that I'm a much better trip planner than Teen Mania was with me, but regardless he handled it very well. We did number his meltdowns along the way, but more for comic relief than anything else. They were never anything major but moments when the differences between the US and India just became overwhelming.
2nd- He proposed to me at the Taj Mahal :) That was always my dream way of being proposed to and so it was a hilarious gesture that drew a lot of attention.
3rd- We rode a gondola in Venice which was on my life goals list. While I wouldn't make a good travel agent for Venice the gondola ride was as magical as I imagined it would be.

I'll fill you in on some fun stories in the upcoming days but I'm going to get back to work for now- I only have 2 weeks to finish all my "research work" before going back to real work in the hospital!

No comments: