Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Shack


I just read this book in the past few days. I found it hard to put down because it truly challenged my perspective on tragedy, the reality of God, and how God works through tragedy. Of course it needs to be read as fiction, but I think there are some figurative truths that it makes easier to grasp. Is it the Bible? No, but it conveys some unique aspects of God in a way that is thought-provoking. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone! This quote at the end sums it up,


Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God,
But only He who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pick blackberries.
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Oh that we would have eyes to see!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Love your blog, your insight, your stories. You are obviously very talented and gifted Angie - that is why everyone loves working with you. God has blessed you with a heart to love people - not just the work you do. And I am sure those you work with and your patients see your heart.

Keep up the awesome job!

Stacy

P.S. I have The Shack on my nightstand to read someday....when I finish reading all my baby books :)