Sunday, November 2, 2008

Horrible Hiking

I just got back from a wonderful week in Palm Springs, California. It was sunny everyday, warm but not too hot, and beautiful. Heather was with me for the first part and we did all sorts of fun things but this post will be dedicated to my least favorite part of the trip.


The first day we did this horrible hike. It seemed like a good idea and started out ok. I was concerned about my water supply but didn't anticipate the hike being too long or strenuous. Plus we were told there were 2 places to refill our water supply. In actuality there was one and they said the water needed to be filtered. So I didn't want to be sick for the remainder of the trip so I went 12 miles (6 up the mountain) in 5 hours or so with 27 meager ounces of water. Rationing was the key. Afterwards we went to DQ and I chugged a ton of water and enjoyed a peanut buster parfait. I had a mild headache due to the dehydration. After eating I quickly became nauseous and before I knew it was throwing up everything. It was pretty impressive. Peanuts were lodged in my nostrils. It was some kind of spectacle which Heather missed out on since she went to scope out the pool while I "rested". Thankfully after that I felt fine and enjoyed the rest of the trip. Heather has the pictures from this event so you'll just have to use your imagination. It was a beautiful view from the 2nd highest mountain in Southern California.
Just for the fun of it here are some of the windmill generator things around where we stayed.

No comments: