Sunday, November 2, 2008

Joshua Tree

Upon the high recommendation of a fellow intern we eagerly trekked to Joshua Tree National Park for a day. It was well worth it! It was nothing like I expected, but we got to climb around on some pretty large rocks. We eventually (after quite a bit of dialogue over what this tree was) made the connection that the tree we kept seeing all around us was actually a Joshua tree. We are very bright individuals. The park is a mecca of sorts for rock-climbers, but due to my parent's (and everyone else I mentioned the idea to) concern for our safety we didn't attempt any real climbing. For the record, I want to someday.

1 comment:

Dave Nordin said...

Hey, I was there in April. It was awesome; though I too was disappointed not to be doing any real rock climbing.