Monday, March 23, 2009

Mexico

I don't have the time or energy to load any pictures (not that I took many) but here are a few highlights of Puerto Vallarta:

  • sleep- I slept 11-12 hours every night for a week. It was ridiculous but oh so wonderful
  • the sun- I hadn't seen the light of day in a long time and it was great to bask in it
  • hanging out with my parents- it was great to spend a week with them catching up and laughing
  • crazy tour guide man who thought I was 12 or something. he was talking to me in an incredibly condescending juvenile way. he asked if I saw santa claus when we celebrated Christmas in Mexico a few years ago. he pointed out pineapples under a tree like I didn't know what a pineapple was. My mom, continuing in the fun, pointed out bananas and other items to try and bring me to a 5th grade vocabulary.
  • eating on the beach. it is one of my favorite things to do and we biked to a restaurant on the beach for lunch a couple of days.
  • watching the bachelor with my parents. my dad actually sat through the whole finale and after the final rose drama. good times...
  • reading for fun. it was so great to read a couple of novels for the pure pleasure of it.
  • the spa- hot tub, steam room, sauna, rain shower... so much so that I went twice a day on a couple of occasions.
  • the food. i ate enough chips and salsa to last a year.
  • getting a tan. i know it is superficial but it feels good to have some color to my skin and blonder hair.

Thanks mom and dad for a great week!

No comments: