Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fiddling

Thursday night is the wedding of two of my good friends, Osi and Enola. They asked me to play my violin in their wedding. Initially I dreaded pulling out my violin as it took forever just to tune it since I hadn't touched it in so long (6+ years). Recently it has been much more enjoyable to rehearse and has made me reminisce on the good old days playing the violin. The rehearsal went well tonight and makes me want to get a better violin and play more frequently. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) I am committed to this surgery gig and it doesn't allow for many hobbies.

Anyways, it should be a great night. Osi is from Nigeria and some of his siblings still live there so the ceremony and reception will be infused with some great Nigerian cultural elements. This song is part of that. They have a semi-choreographed dance to this song with Enola (who is definitely not Nigerian) wearing traditional Nigerian attire. We get to all participate at one point in the song. It is going to be a great night!

No comments: