Monday, January 17, 2011

Blue Guitar

As my friends from Taylor have unfortunately experienced first-hand I have a blue guitar that I really like to play. My senior year at Taylor I bought it for $50 on ebay and signed up for a guitar class on campus (I guess you could say I had some senioritis). I had so much fun with the one song I learned- Amazing Grace. I didn't have the energy to really learn many other songs so I sat in our dorm suite and played "Amazing Grace" for hours. I loved it. I think I was the only one who did. I never bought a tuner and quickly started medical school so it sat around for years untouched. Recently Kerwyn got it out, tuned it and I played around for a few minutes. He quickly realized that the piece that holds all the strings in was about to pop off (I'm telling you this was a high-quality guitar I purchased). So he went to work with gorilla glue and he put new strings on it (I didn't know how) and tuned it for the first time in many years. It is fun having my blue guitar with even more character back.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yeeeeeesssss!!!! This makes me smile. =)