Sunday, January 9, 2011

Epic holidays






After being on call in the hospital for the last two Christmases I knew I wanted to spend time with as much family as possible this year. It just so happened that my wonderful Grandpa rented out a large home in Phoenix for our entire family to spend a week over Christmas together. It was great to be with family for Christmas- most of whom I had never spent a single Christmas with (at least not since I have been old enough to remember it).

Some of the highlights of the trip included
  • hiking South Mountain
  • attending Christmas eve service with family- even if it was a somewhat odd service
  • sitting in the hot tub at night
  • watching a coyote run down the road
  • sitting around the fire at night
  • Christmas gift exchange- I was betrayed by my husband who stole my gift, but sweat justice was served when I scored a phenomenal hat. Grandpa stole the ipod my dad had opened. It was fun all around.
  • Grandpa joined facebook
  • Rock Band
  • Spa day at JW Marriott
  • evening games- Mexican train, scat, poker
  • A round of golf with my brother, mom and Kerwyn



Thanks for a great week Grandpa!

No comments: