Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's Over!!!

16 cities, 69 formal interviews and I AM DONE!! I am exhausted from traveling, appearing enthusiastic, coming up with questions for interviewers, answering the question, "so why do you want to be a surgeon?", touring hospitals that all look the same, living out of a suitcase, renting cars, sleeping in hotel beds, spending too much money, being lost, wearing the same 2 suits (don't worry I had them cleaned along the way).... My rank list is nearly complete- with some expected modifications as I meet with surgeons in Indy.

I ended with a bang in Grand Rapids. I spent last night at Amber and Ryan Cox's home which was great (thanks again for your hospitality)! They are such a fun couple who just happen to be experiencing much of what is coming my way in a few months so it was extra encouraging to talk with them. Amber gave me a copy of the book "Cold Tangerines" and so I began reading it to unwind last night. As I pondered enduring another interview day I read a line that was just what I needed to hear, " The life you've been waiting for is happening all around you."

For the past few months I have truly been living a dream to be interviewing at some of the best surgical residencies in the country- meeting with surgeons who are true leaders in their fields. And they wanted to meet me and consider investing their life into training me to do what they do. Towards the end of these interviews I needed to be reminded that this is what I have been dreaming about for YEARS. I can truly say I have never been more excited about becoming a surgeon. God is good. I can't wait to see where I end up. Thursday March 20th is the big day.

1 comment:

amberWIRE said...

Angie! Congatulations on completing the interview trail! I'm so proud of you and so excited to see all that God has in store for your life! You are awesome! It was so great to see you for a minute!

Love you!