Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Things

There's this thing going around facebook where you list 25 apparently random or little-known facts about yourself. Since I actually have a free evening I thought I would give it a shot.
  1. My Myers Briggs test flipped and apparently I'm an extrovert now. I used to be solely energized by alone time and now (maybe out of necessity) I am very energized by time with others. It's kind of fun being more extroverted. I do enjoy my alone time though!
  2. I played a blue guitar for a semester in college. I loved it but I think all the girls in my dorm secretly loathed the guitar...maybe because I could only play one song but I loved it so I played it over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
  3. I've been craving the Grasshopper shake at Ivanhoes for 9 months now. Sure I could make my own but it's just not the same. This weekend my college roommate Heather is coming to town and our whole clan from Taylor are reuniting for a day of fun including Ivanhoes.
  4. I took voice lessons in college. I somehow got roped into a solo performance of some Enya song. I have blocked out the details, but it was amazing...amazingly horrific and appauling but oh so funny. I still sing along to Enya for a few privileged individuals.
  5. I gave up Mountain Dew. It was a decision based on the high fructose corn syrup and desire to be a little healthier. Diet Coke is the new Mtn Dew.
  6. I give the best musical performances while driving and trying to stay awake. I use props, interpretive dance, the steering wheel drum, and sign language (don't worry it's not all at the same time). I get some confused looks, but I'll never see those people again...right?
  7. The Fray is one of my favorite bands and their new cd came out today. My copy is in the mail. I saw them perform a couple of years ago in the craziest outdoor concert. They had to turn all the stage lights off because the bugs were so bad they couldn't sing. Isaac Slade called it "Armageddon"
  8. I am obsessed with exercise. The rougher the day at the hospital the harder I exercise. Not a wonder I'm in good shape right now.
  9. I am a recovering people-pleaser. This year has cured me of any desire or effort to please others as I realized it is physically impossible to do so in a surgical residency.
  10. I've got some freakish heart issue. I'm seeing a new cardiac electrophysiologist next week so we'll see what happens. It's thrown a wrench in obtaining disability insurance.
  11. I like to read 5-8 books at a time.
  12. I am so excited to travel around the world training surgeons in developing countries whatever specialty I decide to go into.
  13. My neighbor does all my yard work, snow shoveling, house maintenance. He's amazing and I'm humbled by his generosity.
  14. I am addicted to cornbread pancakes now that I know how to make them.
  15. My two fitness goals for this year are to compete in another triathlon and to swim in the Big Shoulders open water swim on the lakeshore in Chicago.
  16. I am actively serving in a very amazing local church. I am all in and so excited for our future together.
  17. I probably have 6-9 years of training remaining. The future is still very undecided but transplant surgery is at the top of the list for now. I guess I like flying around in private jets.
  18. I can't wait to go snowboarding again.
  19. I dream of going to Antarctica someday as the physician at their station. Another option is the international space station (which my mom's cousin heads up) but I think the isolation would be difficult as a newly proclaimed extrovert.
  20. I am insanely competitive at sports. It's not because I care about winning as much as I love playing hard and having a good game. 99% of the time I truly don't care about the outcome.
  21. I am a diehard Colts fan. I dream of getting a blue foam colt head and cheering like crazy in Lucas Oil Stadium in an upcoming season.
  22. I long for the day when I can go back to India. It's been over 5 years and I miss it.
  23. I am a sock snob. If they don't have built in arch supports and just the right fit I won't buy them. I'm on my feet too much to go cheap on socks.
  24. I have a recently revealed talent on the drums in Rock Band. I'm thinking of trying some real drums soon.
  25. I miss my family and friends who aren't in Indy a lot. I am blessed beyond comprehension!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enya? Oh my. That is just too much for me to comprehend. :)

Mel said...

I love #6 - I've done that too!