Friday, February 6, 2009

Momentum

I don't have many blogs on my Google reader, but one person I follow regularly is Mark Batterson. He is the lead pastor at National Community Church in Washington DC. He recently said,

I've always been convicted and challenged by something R.T. Kendall wrote in his book, Yesterday's Man: "A person with a tremendous anointing yesterday can continue to see the momentum of that anointing continuing to manifest itself. He or she may hastily conclude that 'the anointing is still with us' when it is but the momentum of yesterday's anointing. If I do not experience a fresh anointing every day, it is only a matter of time before I become yesterday's man.


This has been bouncing around in my head since I read it. Am I just living off of the momentum of my past or am I truly growing and allowing God to change and refine me?

No comments: