Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bunnies

Does anyone know how to keep cute little rabbits from eating the nice plants I have laboriously planted in my yard (with my parents help). I thought of rabbit poison but then I would have to deal with rabbit carcasses and that is suboptimal. I could hunt rabbits in the morning before going to the hospital (I do have good aim according to the man at Don's guns), but I would be left with the same rabbit bodies and blood in my yard. Plus I'm sure the neighborhood association would not tolerate gunfire at 3am for very long. Surely there is a repellant of sorts that would deter them without fatally poisoning them. Any suggestions?

In other news... the little "kiddos" (as every person in the hospital outside of surgeons apparently refer to them) at the hospital have now given me a sore throat. It's a good thing those punks are cute or I might be annoyed with them. I don't know how teachers put up with this. I guess the immune system adapts.

4 comments:

The Cliftons said...

"suboptimal"... hilarious!! I know nothing about bunnies, but that made me laugh. I hope you feel better soon... and just for the record, MY kiddo wouldn't be getting you sick! :)

Mandy Mitchell said...

I have heard that gardners will put aluminum pie pans on wooden sticks and stick them around their garden to keep the rabbits away. I guess when the wind blows a little, the noise from the pans scares them. Not sure if you want to do that though.

Unknown said...

There is something called bloodmeal (w/o fertilizer) this has an odor that will deter them. Or cayan pepper spray called capsaisin (makes their mouth burn and they will howl, but it won't hurt them). These won't hurt your plants nor the animals.
At least this is what my green thumb family says. I hope this helps.

Aunt Jodie said...

In Philly we have to deal with deer and bunnies daily. I use a product called "Liquid Fence." It has a nasty smell due to its concoction of garlic and egg solids, but it does the trick. The smell calms down in about a day. The down side to this product is that needs to be reapplied every time is rains, and it's not cheap. I buy the concentrate and use an Ace Hardware sprayer to apply.