Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm sick

So my insides are completely rejecting me right now. It only took the kids on my pediatric surgery rotation one week to get me sick. Actually I have a full differential for why I am sick:

1. Sleep deprivation- I could go on all day about the way my lack of sleep has affected my life. In fact I'm missing time with friends right now because I know I can't safely drive to the other side of Indy. I fell asleep while driving to the dentist (3 miles away) a couple of weeks ago. Don't worry that won't happen again.

2. High caffeine-containing beverage to water ratio. I think that this has amplified my dehydration at the least

3. Pediatrics- kids have a way of spreading germs and I am in contact with them every day. The only time all year that I have been sick until now was when I ate too much fried food at the fair and vomitted my brains out (seriously). Coincidence? I think not.

4. My body completely rejecting intern year. Seriously. 4 weeks!

5. Bad food. I think this should be higher on my list especially since I have eaten more hospital food recently out of desperation.

6. Residual parasites from my fateful trip to India 10 years ago. I doubt it.

Regardless of the cause I hope to bounce back quickly since I'm on call again tomorrow and would rather not have to trade calls.

No comments: