Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thankful

I just finished a relentless week of being on call every other day and am now rewarded with a week off. The week was full of penetrating trauma (stabbings and shootings). Not many happy outcomes and very hard emotionally, but I felt privileged to minister to the family and friends. Not a typical Christmas, but an opportunity I am thankful for.

In other news, I have a whole new appreciation for my health. I had the biggest health scare of my short life a couple of weeks ago. Everything is ok, but for a few days I faced my mortality in a way I hadn't before. Through the process I have learned the value of not making patients wait over a weekend for test results if at all humanly possible.

Enough of the heavy topics. South Bend here I come!

2 comments:

Mandy Mitchell said...

Glad to hear you're okay. We sure wouldn't want to lose one of the world's greatest doctors. I like your attitude about not making your patients wait for test results if possible.

Anonymous said...

Ang, Just read your blog for the first time (maybe second). This is strange considering I actually love reading blogs. Two things, I want to mention: First, if you ever have a near death experience again I think I should get a phone call. Second, I love the blog and will keep up to date. Love you! Enola