Tuesday, April 12, 2011

March Madness

This year I decided to become more involved with march madness. Previously my only real involvement was my senior year in high school where lots of students wore the same t-shirt for a month straight. While I don't think I did anything crazy this year I did watch more basketball than normal. The men's tournament was fun since Butler did so well, at least until the championship game. Either way they were fun to follow. My real attention was on the women's tournament as my parents are season ticket holders to ND women's basketball. Mom, Kerwyn and I drove to Dayton, OH for the sweet sixteen and elite eight games. They were a blast to watch as ND played great basketball.

One of the items on mom's bucket list is to attend a final four basketball tournament so we already had tickets to the women's final four in Indy before we knew ND would be in it. It only got better as ND beat U Conn in the final four, a team that receives a vast majority of the attention in women's basketball. That was a fun night! The championship game was not quite as good. ND lost in a close game to a team I truly believe they were better than.

Throughout the tournament I realized that its not as fun to cheer your team on when you have fans of the other team nearby. Fans are crazy and obnoxious and some have voices that make you believe they are using a megaphone as the gentleman behind us had. For this reason I think my basketball cheering in the future will likely be from home unless I can get assured tickets within my teams section.

Regardless, it was a fun time with my mom and she can cross it off her bucket list. Thanks for letting me share the experience with you mom!

No comments: