Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Dead Sea





This morning we got up early and went to the house of Caiaphas for some great teaching by Kay Arthur on the last couple of days in the life of Jesus. There were roosters crowing which was incredible since that was the location where Peter denied Jesus three times before the rooster crowed. We have just a short break before we go to the Garden of Gethsemane and the Garden Tomb. It is quite a day!

Yesterday we went to Qumran where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found, the Dead Sea, and took a cable car to the top of Masada. It was a really interesting and fun day. Here are a few pictures from the Dead Sea (fyi-a place I would love to come for a spa vacation someday). The "icebergs" are actually salt. That is how concentrated the water is. Instead of sand the bottom is salt chunks. It was a wild experience. It was nearly impossible to stand up because your feet would keep getting pulled up to the surface. My hair is softer than ever!

2 comments:

Judy Gregory said...

Ok, all I can say is that I am incredibly jealous.

Judy Gregory said...

Ok, all I can say is that I am incredibly jealous.