Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We're Here

Shalom! We arrived safely in Israel today. We are at the Gai Beach Hotel next to the Sea of Galilee. It is pretty amazing. I got robbed on some diet cokes at the airport. I didn't know the exchange rate between Shekels and the dollar so I just swiped my credit card assuming it would be comparable to the price in the US. Apparently they were nearly $4 each. Whoops. My computer has morphed into Hebrew so I need to figure out how to return my buttons into English, but other than that all is well!

I spent some time this evening just sitting on the shore watching two fishermen in their boat throwing their nets into the Sea. I was struck by the similarity between these two men smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol and the disciples whom Jesus called. He didn't call the men that society revered as the smartest or most qualified. He called ordinary people and changed the world through them.

I must say I was disappointed that I was unable to walk on the water tonight. Maybe tomorrow. The water is fairly cool so if I was Jesus I would walk on it too. Well we have an early start tomorrow so I am going to try and get some rest.

No comments: