Friday, December 26, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

Tuesday night was one of the craziest nights of the year for me. There was a massive ice storm in Indy and I was on trauma call. Police responded to 888 accidents in Indianapolis and 14 ambulances were involved in accidents getting to the other accidents. They had to use fire trucks to transport patients to the hospital. To say that the night was busy would be an understatement.

In addition, I am on a string of trauma call every other day. It is pretty rough. I am in the hospital for 30 of every 48 hours for a week straight, including all of Christmas day.

There are two bright spots to this whole ordeal:
  1. My wonderful family braved the weather and came to spend Christmas eve in Indy with me. We saw The Lion King musical which was amazing and went out to dinner with Arch and Connie. Of course we enjoyed watching ND destroy Hawaii.
  2. Next week I am on vacation. I've got big plans for the week and it is going to be wonderful. New Year's Eve is going to be crazy fun!

No comments: