Monday, December 8, 2008

Quotationary

I love quotes and my wonderful friend Tara Mix gave me a book called the "Quotationary". With the freezing weather and dark evening tonight I am lacking motivation to study or do anything other than be lazy(hence the surge of blogging) and I looked up enthusiasm. This quote by Samuel Taylor Coleridge has helped urge me to study,

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

In less than 2 months I take my first ABSITE exam (American Board of Surgery In-Training Exam). Yes, it is kind of like what George O'malley on Grey's Anatomy failed. It is a pretty big deal and my chief resident over the weekend urged me to take it very seriously. I have been casually studying for a month or two already, but need to pick up the pace. So, thanks Tara for the great quote to get me to study tonight instead of watching "You Don't Mess With the Zohan" in my heated bed.

I've got an ice-cold Diet Coke and a 2300 page textbook (a real page-turner) on my desk. Let the fun begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You left out the most important part of the story. Were any of the firemen cute, single, and interesting???