Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tires

I went to the Brickyard race today with a friend. I thought it would be really fun to stare at mullets and watch cars zoom by. Instead I only saw one mullet (everyone had hats on) and cars were moving slowly thanks to all the yellow flags resulting from the tire problem. What in the world was wrong with the tires??? I thought the race would never end. I actually texted a friend to find out how many laps the race would drag on for. I fell asleep through a few cautions-although I will blame that mostly on having been on call Friday night and arriving at the hospital at 4:30 am today.

Anyways, I am usually up for trying things once and I am glad I went. I still don't understand the Nascar phenomenon. You can hardly see the cars when they are racing, you sit in the heat for hours, and the traffic is insane afterwards.

I was sitting across from Jimmie Johnson's and the other top driver's pits so it was fun to watch their many many pit stops. The strategy the Johnson crew had at the end seems to be what won the race for them.

The best part was watching (and listening) to the crowd go nuts with every yellow flag that was waved.

I'm glad I went. I love trying new things. You should experience it for yourself at least once. It's a different world...

No comments: