Saturday, January 10, 2009

Angie's Favorite Things

In honor of Oprah's favorite things I have compiled a list of my favorite things from 2008.

  • My bianchi road bike. It is just that good. The road becomes a sanctuary for me when I'm out in the sun, reflecting on life and enjoying the view.
  • My sleep number bed. I probably average 5 hours of sleep per night but those hours are full of delightful sleep thanks to this bed. In addition my Homesource International bamboo blanket (best blanket ever!) and down comforter complete the triad.
  • My Biddeford heated mattress pad. Close friends are probably sick of hearing about it, but I look forward to climbing into a pre-heated bed in the winter time. It is amazing and it allows me to keep my house at "meat-locker" temperatures- per my family's experience.
  • My house. Not only am I thankful for a roof over my head, but a place I can come home to that is comfortable, clean and peaceful. Plus my neighbors do all the yardwork so you can't beat the setup.
  • My portable hammock- when the weather was nice and I had a little time off it was amazing to lay in the sun reading a good book or talking on the phone. Hammock= immediate serenity.
  • Smartwool socks- no matter what season we are in my feet don't overheat but they stay warm. They have athletic socks in addition to casual and hiking versions. They're not cheap but you can find them on sale oftentimes at the REI outlet.
  • Nike swimsuits. Since I've been consistently swimming laps I have found they hold up much better than TYR and even speedo.
  • Bosch dishwasher- this thing is amazing. I throw very dirty plates in and they come out sterile. It's quiet, efficient and easy on the eyes.
  • Diet coke- I'm very addicted at this point. I'm cutting back some but this beverage has gotten me through countless call nights, early mornings and roadtrips while sleep-deprived. Mountain dew used to be my drink of choice but I've made the switch from high fructose corn syrup to artificial stuff.
  • North Face glacier quarter-zip fleece tops- I have several and seem to always wear one when I'm in scrubs at the hospital. They are warm, durable, not too thick, and have stood up well despite very frequent washings. Since I fit into the little boys sizes they are fairly cheap too.
Life is not about stuff but these are a few things that I truly believe have increased the quality of my life. Some in very superficial "comfort" ways, but others in more meaningful ways.

No comments: