Sunday, January 11, 2009

Favorite Memories from 2008

  • Graduation day- I might as well start with the obvious. This was one of the best days of my life. It was amazing to realize how far God has brought me and even more special to celebrate with so many people that I love.
  • The first time I introduced myself as "Dr. Qualey". I wish I had it on video. It was hilarious because it felt so weird. The only time I call myself "Dr. Qualey" now is when I need to get something done over the phone or can sense that people don't understand my role, but it sounds much more natural.
  • The day a patient told me I was treating him "like the Jews treated Jesus" right before Easter. It was priceless.
  • Closing on my first house. It was a fun process to choose a home and I absolutely love being a homeowner.
  • Random weekend days with my house church doing work projects/playing basketball and goofing off.
  • Flyfishing for the first time. Sure my form wasn't perfect but I caught fish!
  • Being baptized in the Jordan River. The obvious significance is that it is where Jesus was baptized, but knowing that this was where my maternal Grandparents were baptized made it especially meaningful.
  • "Swimming" in the Dead Sea. It was an odd sensation, but really fun. As an extra perk my skin and hair have never been softer.
  • Converting Arch and Connie's house into a Christmas wonderland.
  • Spending what ended up being my last few days with my Grandma. She was an extraordinary woman and one of my biggest supporters. She is loved and deeply missed.
  • Surviving a ram "attack" at the Grand Canyon on New Year's Day 2008. It wasn't so much an attack as a horrific encounter. If you desire more details click here.
  • Meeting Hillary and Bill Clinton. For good or bad they have influenced our country and it was fun to meet them.
  • Standing in line for hours to see Barack Obama speak. We almost got to meet him too but he was feeling antisocial or something.
  • Riding a camel in Israel. They are much taller than I imagined and they smell horrible, but it was worth it!
  • Camping at Weko beach with Tara, Amy and Erin. Beach volleyball in the rain and smores...need I say more?
  • The night on call when three people tried to die at once. It was an experience that made me stronger and everyone survived.
  • Flying to South Bend to procure organs. I've never felt more like a rockstar.
  • Climbing boulders with Heather at Joshua Tree National Park.
  • Countless Thursday evenings at Arch and Connie's engaging in meaningful conversations and hours of sports/games with cherished friends.
  • Sprinkles cupcakes with Shannon on her official LA tour.
  • Competing and doing fairly well in the TriIndy triathlon.
It's been a great year, full of incredible memories with people I love deeply. God is so good!

No comments: