Thursday, October 29, 2009

Surfing Divas


Heather and I are having a great week in sunny San Diego. I could live here. We went surfing for the first time ever a few days ago. The surfshop that we decided to not rent equipment through was called, "Surf Divas" as that name seemed ridiculous to both of us. Instead we rented surfboards and wetsuits from some random place by the coast in La Jolla. I think my body has finally recovered from that beating. It was a blast. By the end of the two hours we were able to stand up on some decent waves (3-4 feet). I think I disrupted the peace of others as everytime I successfully stood for any length I threw my arms in the air and shouted "booyah" or some similar term of euphoria. This picture is us after dragging ourselves and our boards back to the shop.

I think we'll go back in a couple of days. While we are there they have a mile-long open water swim course in the ocean that we'll give a go (or at least part of it). Unfortunately Heather is the stronger swimmer so if one of us goes down by a shark or stingray it will probably be me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are having a great time! Wish there was video of the surfing divas!

Love,
MOM

Brad King said...

Yes, those sharks always go for the slowest prey.
Sounds like you're having a great time. That water is cold, eh?