Friday, October 23, 2009

Vacation!!!


I am heading to San Diego in the morning with Heather, my college roommate. I am so excited for the trip. I am excited to spend time catching up with Heather, roadbiking, learning to surf, sleeping, sitting by the pool, walking along the beach.... All in all it should be a great week.


It has been 7 months since I've had more than a 3-day weekend. I operated today with the self-proclaimed Bobby Knight of our residency. And I survived with at least a shred of dignity intact.


Looking back on this long stretch I think the thing I am most thankful for are the relationships I am developing in the hospital with other staff members. I'm not a name person, but I have really made an effort to learn the names of the people I work with. It's tough because I work at 5 hospitals and on several floors of each hospital. It is worth the effort as I truly am developing friendships with lots of nurses, secretaries, cafeteria cashiers, care coordinators, scrub nurses, nurse aides, housekeepers.... It makes long hours at the hospital much more enjoyable and meaningful.


While I look forward to reconnecting with some of the staff at Methodist when I return, I am not going to wish away a moment of this week of vacation. It couldn't have come at a better time. I can't wait to get away with Heather. I guarantee that pictures and fun stories are to come!


1 comment:

amberWIRE said...

Angie! My dad always told me that making friends with the janitors and lunch ladies was the smartest thing we could do in college! haha! So glad you're doing well!
Ryan decided on peds GI so the application process for fellowship has begun. I think we'll probably try to interview at Riley - maybe we can grab a bite to eat while we are there! miss you friend!