Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Funny Night

Today I was driving to my apartment which is across the road from a major concert venue and I saw lots of girls sitting around obviously waiting in line to for a concert that was scheduled to start 8 hours later. I quickly discovered that Hanson was the band performing. All I know about Hanson is "Mmm Bop". I thought they had stopped making "music" years ago.

Tonight I heard the squeals at about 11:30 when they were leaving the show. There is a nice area in front of my apartment where artists come out and sign autographs and take pictures (it's where I met Norah Jones last year). At midnight when the parking lot was still very full I decided to wander down and see what the guys looked like and who their fan base really was. I was shocked by the number of college and beyond crowd mesmerized by whatever member of the band happened to be greeting fans. I heard one girl say, "I'm 23 and look at me. I am freaking out that I got a picture with Hanson." Another girl was on her cell phone and I heard her say, "Oh my gosh. He just looked at me!"

I was going to take a picture with them and get their autograph to give to a friend as a joke. Once I saw all of the undignified girls and one boy swooning over this guy I couldn't do it. So here is the one picture I took before gathering my remaining dignity and walking back to my apartment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Word. I am proud of you for resisting the temptation to get YOUR photo with them. What is more disturbing, that those women wanted their picture with Hansen, or that Hansen wanted their picture with those women? Can you say "needy and dysfunctional?" haahha

Anonymous said...

That was the concert that also had Kate Vogel.

Angie said...

Kate Voegele actually wasn't opening in Indy, but she did open for them in other cities.

Anonymous said...

Who is Hanson???

Bridget said...

Hansen? I didnt think they were still around. The only song I knew was MMbop too and I thought it was a most stupid I'd ever heard.
I thought they were girls the first time i heard of them.

Anonymous said...

I'll have you know I actually went to see Hanson in concert with my fiance's sister this past September. It brought back all the memories of the time when I had their faces plastered all over my walls! It was pretty exciting, but I assure you I didn't get crazy or anything like that.