Sunday, June 8, 2008

Home Ownership


































I am 10 days into being a home owner and I must say I am loving it! Here are some of the highlights:
  • I can sing at the top of my lungs without worrying about innocent bystanders
  • I truly have the best neighbors imaginable- they are all friendly, they have regular cookouts and parties, they sit on their driveways and talk most evenings, and one neighbor is mowing my yard, doing all the trimming, leaves... for a case of beer per year. Yes, that's right. 1 case per year. I will find additional ways to compensate him, but I already bought him his case. He helped hang my shower rod and trimmed my hedges tonight as well. In the winter he plows out our whole area as well. A single girl with no practical skills couldn't ask for a better set of neighbors!
  • I have a garage. My car is a reasonable temperature when I get in it, it isn't getting pummeled with hail, and I won't have to scrape snow in the morning. Plus I have lots of storage space there.
  • My new furniture is amazing! Seriously my sleep number bed is out of control. I still have decorating to do, but I'm not in a rush.
  • I have a yard to enjoy. I can lay on my hammock or sit on the bench swing and read a good book.
  • I get to kill spiders on my own. I didn't have them in my high-rise apartment and growing up I had my parents kill them, but now it's up to me unless I am ok with cohabitation. So far I've had 2 unfortunate encounters, but I won them both and am growing less squeamish.
  • I have plenty of room for visitors. So far it has been a revolving door of guests and I love it!

2 comments:

~Sherry said...

Cute place!
I love the reddish colored furniture!!

Unknown said...

Where are the pictures of the "green room"?