Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Texas

I just got back from a wonderful week in Texas. I had a few days with Rigel. He took me to a ranch on the Llano River where we kayaked, learned how to fly fish/got yelled at by the instructor for my poor form (I caught 3 fish thank you very much), talked a lot and shared some high quality time together. He also made a very impressive dinner on the grill. We went out to dinner with a couple that he is good friends with and attended his midweek church service where John Osteen (Joel's brother who is a surgeon) spoke. It was great!
Then I spent a few days with Heather. We went to Schlitterbahn, a waterpark to try and enjoy the Houston inferno. The Tidal Wave River was fantastic! We spent lots of time talking, eating, and laughing. Sorry we didn't take a single picture.
Thanks for a great week Rigel and Heather!

No comments: