Sunday, June 1, 2008

One Prayer

I am really excited about the One Prayer movement in churches around the country this June. For those who haven't heard One Prayer was started by Lifechurch. Over 1,000 churches across the country will be watching messages delivered by pastors at various churches addressing their one prayer for the Church. I'm not sure if us common folk are supposed to, but I logged into the One Prayer pastors site and have watched some messages. So far they have been incredible and very thought provoking. I plan on watching many more in the coming month.

Today I watched one from Steven Furtick at Elevation Church. His prayer is for God to make us audacious. He spoke from 1 Samuel 14. The point that stuck with me most came from vs. 7 where his armor-bearer said, "Do all that you have in mind. Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul." That empowered Jonathan to truly follow God and lead them wherever he believed God wanted them. Do we have this mentality in our churches with our pastors? Do we allow them to lead boldly? What would it look like if pastors around the country knew they had the freedom to truly follow God's leading with their church without concern for pleasing those who resist all change?

No comments: