Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mom is Afraid of Camels






One day we had lunch at a Bedouin (nomadic desert dwellers) place. It was really neat. They had camels and goats all over. In fact, one donkey gave birth while we were there. It got fairly uncomfortable to sit on the ground eating, but it was well worth the experience. While there, I wanted to get a picture of mom and I in front of some camels. She was hesitant. I think she was afraid of a camel spitting on her. I convinced her to stand with our backs to them long enough to get a picture. Right after this shot was taken, I grabbed her butt in a way that I thought was similar to a camel-bite. I have never seen her move so quickly. It was hilarious! Thanks mom for being a good sport!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie,
I'm not "afraid" of camels! I don't however, want to have a big camel goober spit on me. I saw it on Animal Planet, and it was absolutely disgusting! Not my idea of a great mother/daughter memory.

MOM