Friday, December 7, 2007

Boston

For the most part my time in Boston has been fun. I walked the Freedom Trail yesterday which was absolutely freezing and only moderately interesting. The history of our country is incredible and it was neat to see a few of the landmarks, but I walked many miles in cold and windy weather and therefore I wouldn't recommend it unless done in the summer time. It was awe-inspiring to stand at the Park Street Church where My Country 'Tis of Thee was first sung among other unique aspects of history. I appreciated their sign which said "Celebrating 200 years of God's faithfulness". Not many churches can post that!
The Granary Burying Ground was neat simply because of all the famous people buried there- Paul Revere, John Hancock, Samuel Adams, and many others.
The "tour" was all downhill from there, but I did get to see lots of Boston as I stumbled around after sunset.
Today after interviewing I visited Harvard and wandered around Cambridge. I like the intellectual atmosphere. I spent the afternoon mulling over the question, "Could I live here?" and trying to picture what that would be like. I wish I could say more but I can't.
Tomorrow is Fenway Park and some more downtown wanderings before flying to Portland, Oregon. Just another typical weekend....

No comments: