Saturday, December 22, 2007

You Say You Want a Revolution


Tonight's service at Granger Community Church was incredible! DC Curry performed a thought-provoking rap/monologue about the true meaning of Christmas that blew me away. The message by Mark Beeson was about the fact that we all make a decision about what we will do with Jesus. Deciding not to think about it or to wait and make a decision later means that you are making a decision now to not follow Christ. The service ended with an unbelievable performance of the song by David Crowder Band titled, "Glory of It All". The lyrics are very moving and the man performing the song had a voice that was off the charts. I'm not sure who he was but he has a serious gift and I hope to see much more of him in the future. I would buy his cd without hesitation.

It is easy to just expect excellence from GCC because that is what they deliver ("Excellence honors God and inspires people"), but tonight took it up a notch in my mind. Thanks GCC for raising the bar and bringing us back to the true meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

I completely agree - it totally blew me away!

Oh, and his name is Seth Bible :)