Saturday, December 1, 2007

Churches Across the US

One of the fun aspects of traveling all over the country is visiting different churches.

As I mentioned in a past post I visited Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas.

I also visited Christ's Church of the Valley in Phoenix, Arizona. This was a beautiful campus with lots of open space and plants. I sat next to a very friendly couple who made me feel welcome. The service included lots of singing and a message about the need to truly know and love our literal neighbors. It hit home as that is something I have been working on in recent months. I enjoyed seeing GCC's images from "My Lame Sex Life" on their "Pure Sex" series. No wonder GCC was voted the 6th most influential church in the US!

Saturday I fly to Portland, Oregon and I am so excited to visit Imago Dei Community where Rick Mckinley is the lead pastor. This is also the church where Donald Miller the author of "Blue Like Jazz", "Through Painted Deserts", "Searching for God Knows What", and "To Own a Dragon" is involved. I'm going in not knowing what to expect, but very excited to see what this community is all about.

I'm not sure what other churches I will get to visit, but I love the opportunity to visit different churches and see more of the beauty of the body of Christ.

No comments: