Monday, December 10, 2007

Imago Dei

For the record, I am a huge fan of Imago Dei Community. It was incredible! I was greeted warmly by a member of the band who was very friendly and even invited me to hang out with a group that night.

They are doing a series called "The Advent Conspiracy" and literally the whole church is being challenged to opt out of the traditional consumerism of Christmas and pool the saved money for some great purposes. They are going to build wells for some partners in Africa who don't have access to safe water and buy items to hold an "Almost Free" sale for families in Portland who can't afford even needed items for their families for Christmas. The crazy part is that people were signing up in droves to be a part of it.

My favorite part of the service was communion. People came up in couples or groups of friends as they wanted to and took communion together as they embraced and prayed together. It was beautiful. They are truly a community and one that I would love to be a part of if I end up in Portland.

No comments: