Sunday, December 16, 2007

Free Rice

Freerice.com. I've heard of this website and now that I have some free time I decided to check it out. Basically you play a basic word game and for every word you get right they donate 20 grains of rice through the United Nations World Food Program (WFP). I've checked into it a little bit and it seems legit- basically by spending time at their website they make money via advertisements which is then used to buy the rice. The creator of the site also created poverty.com and thehungersite.com. You should check out these websites which are stunning.

I've played twice and my highest score on the game is 40. I have no idea what that means, but if it is good it is because of two years of latin in high school. If it is bad, it is because I learned surprisingly little in those two years.

No comments: