Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm really nosey

I've always been a nosey person- wanting to know the inside scoop on everything. Today as I was sitting relaxing after a long night at the hospital I heard sirens outside of my apartment. I hear sirens all the time since I live by a fire department, but these were different. As I look out of my window I see a very impressive motorcade (these pictures don't do justice since I only caught the very end of it with my camera). Who is in town today? Barack Obama!! Was this his motorcade??? I hope so. If I understand correctly they have a motorcade but they don't shut the roads down like they would for the President. Fascinating! My dad also informed me that with the First Lady they don't block intersections either, so she has to stop at red lights. Who knew?

I don't even know what I think of him as a presidential candidate, but I love getting to see exciting stuff happening. It was amazing the way the police cars had everything orchestrated. I am excited to have Clinton and Obama campaigning here in the next couple of months. It's pretty crazy that Indiana's opinion actually matters for once in the primaries. I am going to try and hear both of them speak just to experience it. I wish the republicans were still competing so I could see them too. It will be fun to shamelessly try and meet them! I would love to get to ask Hillary about her health care plan at an open forum. It would just be fun and interesting.

No comments: