Thursday, October 4, 2007

Fitness Fun


I took a new spinning class yesterday and ended up being the only person there. It was pretty weird having a one-on-one spinning session with a man who kept barking and asking me random math questions that in some way impacted our workout (ie. what is 30 percent of 80 rpm?). It was all very odd although I did get a great workout.

Today I joined the Indy SwimFit- a masters level swim team. Our practice was at the IU Natatorium which I had never swam in before. It was an incredible workout. I did twice the distance I normally do and at a much faster pace. I am excited to continue to work on my strokes and strength.

Someone needs to talk me out of it because I am feeling the urge to do an Ironman triathlon. The only option for next year would the August one in Louisville since all the other registrations are full. The $475 registration fee doesn't make me feel any better about the prospect of likely 12+ hours of torture. It probably wouldn't be a realistic goal during my internship and lets be honest, it's the last thing my body or anyone's really needs to endure. But what a feat it would be! Maybe while I do a year or two of research in residency I can find someone to train with and give this a little more thought.

No comments: