Monday, October 22, 2007

In a Pit With a Lion On a Snowy Day


“When did we start to think goodness is the absence of badness? You can do nothing wrong and still do nothing right.” -Mark Batterson

Mark Batterson is the pastor of National Community Church in the Washington DC area. Last year the book, "In a Pit With a Lion On a Snowy Day" came out and has helped draw attention to the incredible ministry NCC has in DC. I haven't read the book yet, but I have listened to some of his podcasts and he has challenged me to reach for more and not settle.

This quote is helping me get out of my seat and find ways to be a blessing to others. My goal for the next two days is to make these amazing (well the one someone else made was, the jury is still out on mine) chocolate chip cookie pies for my neighbors. For too long I have simply not been a bad neighbor, but I want to be a good one.

He has a blog that is fun and insightful to read. Their church also has a podcast you can subscribe to that I would highly recommend. You can also check out some resources at chasethelion.com.



No comments: