Saturday, October 13, 2007

Lactic Acid

I just returned from Day one of the Hilly Hundred. We did 47+ miles with a total climb of well over 3000 feet. My maximum heart rate was a measly 202 beats/minute on a beta blocker nonetheless. My heart rate monitor estimated I burned 2200+ calories, while Matt's which is more accurate estimated 3600. That's ridiculous. I am exhausted!

It was definitely tricky to plan apparel for the ride since the temperature was in the 30s when we arrived and reached the mid 60s. Overall it was a beautiful day and now that it is over I can say that it was a good one.

The low point in the day was this man I kept finding myself near who had speakers rigged up to his bike playing classical music. Who does that? At least play some peppy music that will make people want to press on, not sit down and read a good novel.







Because I'm crazy (and the Colts have a bye week) I'm going out again tomorrow. Apparently Sunday is much harder and based on the images there are some ridiculously steep climbs. The good news is that I have nothing to prove and will swallow my pride and walk if necessary.

No comments: