Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Road Biking

This is my new bike. I believe it is my favorite possession right now.

I was terrified of the idea of having my feet clipped into the pedals, but I will never go back now that I am used to it. I have yet to fall, but just give me a few more weeks and I just might have my first real broken bone.

I am participating in the Hilly Hundred in less than two weeks so this bike should get some serious miles then. In the meantime I am trying to find some hills to help get me in shape for the upcoming torture/ great workout.

Last year Heather, my college roommate, and I completed the first 50 miles and then decided that life is too short and we don't get to see each other often enough to justify another 50 miles of huffing and puffing (especially with a Colts game as the other option).

This year I am riding with my friend Matt who is a cycling enthusiast. We rode the Nite Ride together this summer which I would highly recommend. This should be a little more strenuous so we'll see how it goes.




No comments: