Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sprint then rest...

I've worked 53 of the last 79 hours in the emergency department and now I have nearly 48 hours off before I work the night shift. As some wise people at GCC say "Sprint, then rest...sprint, then rest...". I couldn't agree more. I love to work hard and also to play hard. Here are my plans:
  • sleep
  • swim practice
  • read (hopefully from my hammock on my patio as pictured here with a beautiful view of the city) - Pathologies of Power by Paul Farmer- this is a pretty heavy book by one of the men in medicine that I respect the most, but right up my alley as it discusses the health care crisis around the world. This brilliant man is making a huge difference in Haiti and around the world as he uses his influence and gifts to bring health care to those who need it most.
  • watch 24 on my wonderful lovesac seriously if you've never sat in one you really need to- I'm on Season 5 and pretty hooked. I find myself walking through the hospitals wondering if people are terrorists or working for the CTU and if nerve gas has been released.
  • attend a helpful lecture at the med school on buying a home. I'm not sure if I will be able to buy one in a few months- it kind of depends on where I end up, but a conversation with my parents recently highlighted how naive I am about the whole process. I'm so glad my parents are wise and able to explain to me the many realities of life that I know essentially nothing about. But I can draw the citric acid cycle for you...
  • Clean- my apartment is clean by my standards but on Friday my good friend whose name rhymes with Sara Six (pictured below) is coming and she cleans with toothpicks.
  • Try and spend time getting to know my new neighbors. I met them today for the first time and really would like to build a friendship with them.
  • Grey's Anatomy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, Angie, Angie,
during these leisurly hours of free time....fix your links on your blog. :) If you need help, let me know. Love you!

Angie said...

I fixed my links. I don't know what I did wrong before. I didn't realize they were messed up. Thanks!